Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Shirley J Universal Sauce


I had received a sample of Shirley J's Univeral Sauce and I threw it in the cupboard, not sure what to do with it. As I was looking through the March 2010 Alison's Pantry Catalog, I saw a recipe for Alfredo Sauce using the Shirley J's Universal Sauce (I absolutely LOVE Alfredo Sauce). So I decide that I'm going to try this Alfredo Sauce recipe. I invited my husbands parent's, and his sister's family to dinner one night for Alfredo. I started cooking the noodles and thought, "That was dumb, I should've started the sauce first". But since I had already had it going, I just went with it and the Alfredo Sauce was done before the noodles were finished cooking! I had a yummy, Olive Garden style meal (for a fraction of the cost, I might add) in less than 10 minutes! I added my own twist to the recipe, by adding precooked chicken pieces and some steamed broccoli and it was a hit!

Here's the recipe:

3 cups of water

1 cup Shirley J Universal Sauce (item #5240)

1/2 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon (item #5249)

1/2 tsp Cayenne (would taste good w/out, if you don't like a little spice)

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (item #1683)

In a medium sauce pan add water and universal sauce, mix thoroughly and bring to a simmer. Add bouillon, cayenne, and black pepper. Remove from heat, stir in parmesan. Yield 3 1/2 cups.


I ordered the Universal Sauce, which yields 3 gallons, and I'm excited to try other recipes...which are virtually endless. If you look at http://www.shirleyj.com/ you can see that the possibilities are endless!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home